Sunday, September 28, 2008

Future Bush number 3 vs. a Leader for Reform

Before this debate even occured, I had my mind set on one candidate, and that was Barack Obama. But after watching this eye opening debate, my reasonings for Obama are even more true, now that I fully understand where McCain is coming from. On Friday night, I give Obama's overall performance an 8 out of 10. He did a very good job, but sometimes his performance wasnt too spectacular due to the fact that he didnt fully answer questions, or just ignored them entirely. On the other hand, I give McCain a 4 out of 10. Most of the debate he fumbled, and he seemed disheveled. Not to mention that Obama was very personable, and confident in his speech. There is something about him that draws the audience in, myself included; I think its because he is so captivating. Obama clearly defined what he is set out to accomplish. I totally agreed with his point that "We need to help Main Street, for theyhave been suffering far longer than Wall Street." I found that both clever, and generous, because it really shows that Obama wants to support the American people rather than the corporate America. I think his plan for no tax raises for familes making an income of 250 thousand and less is a great proposal. But his other proposition of 95% tax cuts for 95% percent of the population seemed ambiguous because he seemed to change his mind. McCain during the debate was very aggresive. Yet most of it wasnt beneficial because Obama seemed to handle his vicious attacks very well. McCain kept bringing up Obamas track record, and tried to convince the audience that Obama wasnt suitable enough for the job as President. He also interrupted Obama several times when he was speaking, and would go on tangents and totally interupt Obama. McCain also reverted to the surge in Iraq several times. I believe that he mentioned the surge so many times was because he was the candidate that originally supported it when most people were questioning it. So I'm guessing that he was using it as a strong foot hold. Another point I agreed with Obama was when it came to off shore drilling. His and my views are very similar because we both believe in the promotion of pursuing a greener America. Even though his plans are for the future, I think that they will better benefit America over the course of time, instead of falling into the demand to drill due to the gas prices. Obamas high point that evening was when it involved foreign policy. His plans to evacuate troops are excellent, adn they seem like that they will work well. Obama is also willing to work with other nations such as China and Russia to keep from Iraq gaining nuclear weopans because its a major threat. So Obama is willing to negotiate with everyone, while McCain refuses to speak to some leaders. which is a low point for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home