Friday, September 5, 2008

Presidential Canidate

My parents are both Democrats and have a negative outlook on President Bush and most of the Republican Party thus far, so it seems that reasonable I would support the democratic nominee for the presidency. I do, I support Barack Obama. He has plans to help stimulate the economy. This issue is important as many Americans are now unemployed and Obama will create new jobs to help jobless Americans get back on their feet. These jobs will also help the environment by looking into new energy resources. The issue of economy is extremely important to me because a close family member of mine recently became unemployed. He also promises to help stimulate the economy by, “enacting a windfall profits tax” on oil company profits to help give families $1000 to help them pay taxes among other things.
As well as the issue of the economy, I agree with Obama on the issues of education and foreign policy. He plans to do more for teachers, such as giving them higher pay and giving them time to share effective practices. He also feels that teachers should not spend all their time with their students preparing them for standardized tests. He would improve the required assessments that watch students progress. I feel strongly about this issue because my mother is a teacher and I know that she worries about the No Child Left Behind and that the test scores of her students will be sufficiently high. We need a president that will do more for the nation’s teachers. With the war in Iraq, he does not support it and he plans to end the war and pull out the troops. To do so, he will do it in phases instead of all at once and he will consult the Iraq government about it. He is also in favor of a more diplomatic approach with issues in the Middle East, which I agree with over more militant action. I believe that Obama’s stands on the issues would make him the overall best candidate to lead the United States into a brighter future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home